Wednesday 29 May 2013

Blog gob

I don't publicise this blog at all.  It mainly exists to fulfil the occasional need to share success or vent my spleen.  Having been a moderator of several forums I know there is nothing worse than people trying to use a community platform as a personal soapbox.  Fortunately most forums (or bulletin boards as they were once known) have matured to the point that they won't hesitate to suggest that a user might be better off using their own personal space to start a flame war.  Back in the day, you had to be a bit more delicate about that sort of thing.  People talked about freedom of speech and rights.  It was better to be safe than sued.

Anyway, I've never really been happy with the look of this blog and in the same way it's hard to be comfortable in a space, be it a room or just a desk, that you haven't tailored to your needs, posting here felt a bit slap dash.  I'm pleased to say that after a succession of very minor changes the recent addition of a new background image has really complete the look.

In the past I was going for a sort of norn Necromancer look.  I had some nice moody screenshots of the Shiverpeaks that I thought looked quite good and I was using a lot of green for text links.  Cos green is for Necromancers, right?

Well, fuck that.  I have always been a fan of the Guild Wars 2 "concept" art and so I have grabbed the wallpaper that Anet released for the Flame & Frost: The Gathering Storm patch.  It's a gorgeous image of the beautiful, snowy Shiverpeaks.  I think it's the perfect addition to the blog.

Now, speaking of Necromancers and green...

No comments:

Post a Comment